PRIVATE REFERRALS ADVICE FOR PATIENTS
If you are arranging a private referral for further care:
- Firstly, if appropriate, you need to contact your Insurance Company to check if they recommend specific consultants in that specialty and will cover the cost of the referral / treatment
- Secondly you should contact the private hospitals to book your own appointment (this information can be found on the internet or from your Insurance Company)
- You should advise our secretaries of your preferred consultant and hospital, and the date of your appointment (if it is within one week we will need the email address). We will then send the referral letter to the consultant of your choice.
Other services provided are not covered under our NHS contract and therefore attract charges. Examples include the following:
- Medicals for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements (HGV, PSV, Taxi, Racing etc.)
- Insurance Claim Forms
- Prescriptions for taking Medication Abroad
- Private sick notes
- Vaccination Certificates
- Completion of Firearms Reports
- Specific Letters requested by Patients
The Non NHS Fees charged are based on the British Medical Association (BMA) suggested scales and our reception staff will be happy to advise you about them along with appointment availability.
Our secretarial and reception team will be happy to advise you about appointment availability and applicable charges.